Thursday, October 12, 2006

Robertson v. Thomson et al, part II

Heather Robertson won. How that translates into dollars has, I think, not been decided.
I was a freelancer with the Globe from 1981 until 1989, and I freelanced for the Star from 1989 until past the cut-off date of 1996.
I've got mixed feelings on this. I was paid well for my articles. I would like them to stay in the databases, since I'm not so hot at keeping clippings and they represent a significant body of my life's work. They're pretty much the story of my life from my mid-20s until my late 30s. On the other hand, if the material had been gathered into a book without my permission, I'd be very pissed. InfoGlobe, InfoMart and the CDRoms are tidy little earners. In fact, InfoGlobe makes as much, I'm told, as the print edition.
I suppose I'll hear something soon.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if the Globe will just purge freelancer articles from that period from their database.
End of any continuing problem with copyright and make some kind of settlement with said freelancers.

Ottawa Watch said...

Doesn't deal with the issue of their use for the past 30 years, and in CDRoms. It is my least-favorite solution.

B2b said...

nice site

Flights said...

best site

night vision said...

good site

Flooring said...

best site

Health Insurance said...

best site