Friday, April 06, 2007

Happy Easter

I wish I could do something about the weather. Here in Ottawa, there's light snow and it's well below freezing. My in-laws are at their place in the Eastern Townships, where, I suspect, they're getting nailed. They got three feet of snow when we had less than one foot here.
I wish I could go somewhere, but my wife is tied down, preparing for her exams. I have a five-inch stack of term papers to mark.
These last few days, I've been thinking a lot about teaching. Starting next September, I'll be teaching undergrads and grad students, and teaching a course that attracts students from various disciplines. The classes will be much smaller than I'm used to as a TA in these big U of Ottawa survey courses. I'm already pawing through my books to see what might be useful.

No comments: