Friday, May 11, 2007

Anarchist Leaker

As a journalist, I find people like this useful. As a citizen, I agree that he should be fired and charged. A temporary employee working on a contract has no business tampering with policy or deciding which documents should be leaked to the press. I suspect this guy will never work in the public service again. He had no qualms about applying, through a temp agency, for a slack-assed government job and taking taxpayers' money, despite the fact he has some grossly immature and downright silly ideas about the Canadian state.
What is it with lame-brained wannabes and punk rock, anyway?
Yesterday would have been Syd Vicious' 50th birthday. Fortunately, he pegged out in 1978, leaving us with one good album and sparing us 29 years of tedium. Too bad a few others didn't follow his example.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you saying you want Kinsella dead?

Ottawa Watch said...

I couldn't care less, either way.

Anonymous said...

Noone wants anyone dead. Jesus Christ.

BTW

You missed my birthday.

Ottawa Watch said...

I'm a big believer in the "fade away" as opposed to the "burn out" option. I just don't see how anyone can take punk rock seriously in 2007. Or in 1997. Or 1987. It's like Elvis tributes and Disco revivals.
As for Kinsella, why would I want him dead? That suggests a level of interest in him, and hostility for him, that I just don't have. Osama's a guy I'd like to see dead. Kinsella is more of a running joke, barely mentioned in Ottawa and hardly inciting in me the kinds of emotions that our first "anonymous" poster attributes to me. I wish Kinsella would get help, but I doubt there's much anyone can do for him.
I called. You were out. I wished Max a happy birthday, though.

Anonymous said...

So you wouldn't cry if Warren was struck by a meteorite? At least you're honest.

Anonymous said...

Lordy! Kinsella compares himself to Syd Vicious! Is he totally fucked in the head?!?!?

Ottawa Watch said...

With Kinsella, it's all about Kinsella and nothing else.