Friday, May 18, 2007

A few political thoughts at the end of the week

Is a guy who threatens to break the law by opening a smoking area worse to the body politic than a lobbyist/political strategist who deliberately and consistently lies about his critics and opponents?


Are the federal Liberals completely self-destructive?


Does anyone put any value at all on democratic institutions, or is politics all just bullshit to win control of the patronage system? Is this crap really what our grandfathers and great-grandfathers fought two world wars to defend?


Why couldn't I have directed my interest in history in a more rewarding direction?

And a Friday night thought: Will all the "blockbusters" in this summer of sequels suck?

2 comments:

The Bloganism said...

Yes, they will all suck.
This one, however, won't:

My Name is Bruce

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I dunno. I saw Shrek 3 last night and give it two twelve year old thumbs up.