Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Today's Dionspeak

Question:
On the charges being laid over the leak in Environment Canada, Mr. Layton has just said that he wishes the Conservative government would be as zealous in reducing pollution as it is in reducing leaks.

Hon. St├ęphane Dion:
Mr. Layton will never govern. I have a responsibility as leader of the opposition I want to become prime minister of this country. I need to be respected and I will never encourage this kind of behaviour whether it's from Environment Canada or Finance Canada or whatever. I will not speculate on this specific case. I don't know if I may come with accusation against the government when I don't know what is happening. I will not comment on the specific case. For the principle, I think civil servants must respect the secrecy of their role.

No comments: