Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Eight weird things about me

Thanks to Warren for the tag. Tonight, when I'm back from Montreal, I'll find five lucky folks to pass it on to.
Eight non-important quirk-habit-things about me:

1. I really do have webbed toes, a 1 in 100,000 mutation that I inherited from my Donnelly ancestors.
2. I'm a direct descendant of "filles de roi" Marie Bellehache. I was personally offended when Mordecai Richler said they were all a bunch of deported hookers.
3. I believe dogs can talk and that I can communicate with them.
4. I hate the sound of my own voice when I hear it from a recording. I especially dislike the way I sound when I laugh.
5. I have a bizarre bounce in my walk and no one has ever been able to explain to me why. (Maybe see #1?)
6. I met my wife while I was folding laundry.
7. My great-uncle Herb Cain is the only NHL scoring champ who is not in the Hall of Fame
8. When I was a teenager I had a very tame pet duck

Tags:
Paul Wells
Skippy Stalin
Fossil Frank
Kady O'Malley
Jay Currie

2 comments:

kady said...

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to use the mighty macleans.ca website for this, so I'll respond here instead:

1. I can wriggle all but one of my toes independently of each other.

2. I can type like, six times faster on my BlackBerry than on a built-in laptop keyboard.

3. I was never baptized.

4. I don't like peas, except when still enpodded, I love raw but hate cooked mushrooms, and at one point during my toddler years, I had a pet avocado.

5. I am incapable of reading fewer than three books at once.

6. I'm a morning person, although not the insufferable kind who tortures anyone around with her chirpiness.

Ottawa Watch said...

Mmmm... independent movement of toes... mmm